Sample delay? not envelope delay

From helpful tips to frustrating problems, this is the place.

Moderators: parametric, Jesse, jeebustrain

Sample delay? not envelope delay

Postby 2ManyKeys » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:52 am

I was playing around with the Fusion trying to recreate some choices from my S80 and ran into an issue. The S80 has this great feature where each "element" (multi sample) of a voice can actually be delayed from fractions of a second to many seconds if you choose. This actually allowed the S80 to sequence up to four waves, shaping them with their envelopes. Most users had no idea the S80 could do wave sequencing as the S80 was treated more like a great stage piano than a synth. Awesome action on that board.

Anyhow, while the Fusion has nice envelope delay features, I don't find any ability to actually delay a sample start. So the envelope delay ends up removing the attack portion of the given OSC.

Am I missing something or is this just not possible without actually creating delayed samples?
2ManyKeys
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Sample delay? not envelope delay

Postby 2ManyKeys » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:51 am

The Fusion does allow a sample to be triggered on key-up so that can be used to create a delayed sample or samples but I don't see anything else that can delay the sample trigger. The envelope delays are nice for allowing various components to mix over time, but the attack portions of those waves will be lost during the envelope delay phase.
2ManyKeys
Advanced
Advanced

Return to Sound Editing