change banks from logic 9 to fusion

A section for midi or computer related questions.

Moderators: parametric, Jesse, jeebustrain

change banks from logic 9 to fusion

Postby eynan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:08 am

Hi, Is possible to change banks from logic 9 to fusion?. I have tried with 32 value, with 0 value, with 32 without msb value.. etc.. but I can´t change them.

What can I do?

best regards.
eynan

Re: change banks from logic 9 to fusion

Postby Jesse » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:51 am

For starters have you looked in the Fusion Tips section and in perticular psionic's Fusion Tips?

http://www.promusicproducts.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4970
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dysamoria » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:01 am

Jesse wrote:For starters have you looked in the Fusion Tips section and in perticular psionic's Fusion Tips?

http://www.promusicproducts.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4970

i don't know about the OP, but i just looked there and found nothing in that thread to answer his (and my) question.
dysamoria

Postby Jesse » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:55 pm

I was recently involved in a motorcycle accident, my Yamaha Vstar 1300 is totaled, thankfully I am not I should have some idle to to research once I get things squared away, I'll see what I can find out.
Jesse
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby parametric » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:08 pm

Sorry to hear that Jesse!

I hope it is not BAD, and that you are hopefully, on the mend . . . . .

@dysomoria . . . .

As regards getting a DAW to change banks and programs . . . it is possible but probably requires some work to achieve.

Unfortunately, the Midi Data Format was never published for the Fusion which is a nuisance and a shame . . . So much is not known, but might be discoverable by trial and error.

I think what is needed is really an Instrument definition file for the Fusion - for YOUR particular DAW .

All that is known about the MSB/LSB business is mentioned here:

Fusion_OS 1.24 Release_Notes.pdf
(257.72 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

Look under OS 1.23 It's NOT very clear . . . . .

I DID have a go at creating a .reabank file for Reaper (which I use), which, more than likely could be disected to make an IDF for Logic . . . . ?

I used THIS guide to help write it:
Art_of_Reabanks.pdf
(181.32 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

The problem with the Fusion is that, apart from the ROM content, EVERY Fusion will be different - depending on How Many, and Which other Banks have been bought and installed, and in what order . . . .

The .reabank file I created is therefore ONLY for the ROM Banks, as they are FIXED, on all Fusions.

To create the file for ALL your installed content would be a big task, and once done, deleting a Bank or adding another would require remaking the file to accommodate any additions/removals and changes in ORDER.

My .reabank file is here:
Fusion ROM Banks.zip
(9.19 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
- 7 Banks - 963 "Programs"

As you see, the Fusion's implementation of the LSB/MSB is "curious" to say the least . . . .

All I can say is that I tried it in reaper, using the ReaControlMIDI VST, and setting the Bank and Program in Reaper DID send the changes to the Fusion, which reacted accordingly . . . . .

Perhaps this helps? - or confuses you even more :?

ATB

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
parametric
Extreme
Extreme

Postby EXer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:08 am

Tue Mar 20, 2012 eynan wrote:Hi, Is possible to change banks from logic 9 to fusion?.

Feb 02, 2018 dysamoria wrote:i don't know about the OP, but i just looked there and found nothing in that thread to answer his (and my) question.

In French we say "déterrer" = "to unearth" when someone answers a very old topic on a forum.
Do you use this expression too? :mrgreen:

Poclain TY45
Fusion 8HD + 2 x Sector101 EXM-E3 128MB DRAM modules
EXer
General
General

Postby EXer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:08 am

Jesse: I wish you a speedy recovery!
EXer
General
General

Postby EXer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:10 am

I have just tried to select banks on my Fusion from an external MIDI device.

Guess what?

It works flawlessly Image

___

I used my EX5 as a master keyboard to carry out the test.

The EX5 has 4 banks, Preset1, Preset2, Internal1 and Internal2, with MSB = x3F and LSB = x00, x01, x02, x03, respectively.

When I select Preset1 on the EX5 the Fusion selects its Preset 1 bank.
When I select Preset2 on the EX5 the Fusion selects its Preset 2 bank.
When I select Internal1 on the EX5 the Fusion selects its Preset 3 bank.
When I select Internal2 on the EX5 the Fusion selects its Preset 4 bank.

Then I sent the Fusion PC (MIDI program change) messages with bank select LSB values higher than x03 using the sequencer of my EX5.

► When the Fusion is sent LSB = N, it selects its (N+1)th bank, in the order of the banks that appear when you press LOCATE+BANK.

e.g. when I send the Fusion MIDI event PC 000-009-001 it selects program #1 in its 10th bank.

That works on Program mode and on Mix mode as well.
You have to check 'MIDI Program Select' and 'MIDI Mix Select' on the Global MIDI Settings menu.

► The Fusion also seems to ignore the MSB

e.g. when I send it PC 001-009-001 or PC 063-009-001 it reacts the same way as when I send it PC 000-009-001.
EXer
General
General

Postby Jesse » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:40 pm

EXer wrote:Jesse: I wish you a speedy recovery!

Thanks Exer
Congrat's Exer
Be sure to fully document this information and post it on the forum as a PDF file :)
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to MIDI/Computer