Hey! Can anyone help me with LOOP function in SONG MODE???

Anything about the sequencer...

Moderators: parametric, Jesse, jeebustrain

Hey! Can anyone help me with LOOP function in SONG MODE???

Postby walerandei » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:19 am

First ... I have to say that Im very very very happy to find a very usefull and nice sequencer in the FUSION. I say that because I saw many bad comments in tyhe forum about this issue ... and I understand that is better to work with pattern based sequencer. But I still think that Fusion's sequencer is a good peace of work! I'm using it and I very happy with the results! ...

Well ... Now my doubts:
Im trying to discover how it works (the Loop function) in SONG MODE and can't figure it myself exactly how it works! :cry:

Can anyone give me some tips, please!???

Thanx for your wisdom and answers, Oh great masters of the Fusion! :wink:
WaL3ranD3i
( L . V . X . )
My gear:
- Alesis Fusion 6HD. - Korg Triton extreme (with moss). - Roland JV-2080 (+techno, vintage & orchestra). - Access Virus "C" - Waldorf Q rack. - Alesis mmt8 x 2. - Akai mp80E. - Fostex vm2000.
walerandei
General
General

Postby neomad » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:43 am

Waler, sorry, I reply you in the "other" forum.

basically, for loops:

1. Into Song, General: you will play the song only between selected markers.
2. Into Track: almost the same way.

I'll check, because I did not use it a lot, and I'll revert back.

B/Rgds my friend.
neomad
Extreme
Extreme

Postby xmgcx » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:20 am

I have only had my fusion for a few days but here is what I have found:

You can loop individual tracks between a start and end measure.
So for example if you start by making just a 2 measure drum beat on track 1 you can loop this to keep playing between measure 1 and 2.
You can then maybe add a bass line on track 2 and loop this between measure 1 and 4. Then add maybe a synth melody on track 3 and looop that between measure 1 and 8, and so on.

The looped track will keep playing (loped around their individual loo0p start and end measures) for the total duration (or length) of the song.
The song length is important here because the individual track loops will only keep looping for the length of your song, so if your song length is only 8 measures long all the tracks including the looped ones will stop after measure 8.

To set the track loops, go into edit mopde from a song, select track on the left hand side, then select general tab on the right, towards the bottom of this page you can see/change the loop enable and start/end points.

To set the overal song length go into Edit from song mode, select Song from left side of screen, then select General from right side, on this screen you can set the song legnths and also set an overal song loop.

Hope this makes sense, as mentioned only had my Fusion for a few days so forgive me if I have got anything wrong.

Thanks
/\/\ark
xmgcx
Advanced
Advanced

Postby walerandei » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:56 am

:D Hey! Thanx Neo and Max for both answer:

No I can figure myself how it works (the loop mode) ...

Next question!
Is there a way to activate and desactivate this loops in special places of the SONG???????

Thanx guys! :D
WaL3ranD3i
( L . V . X . )
My gear:
- Alesis Fusion 6HD. - Korg Triton extreme (with moss). - Roland JV-2080 (+techno, vintage & orchestra). - Access Virus "C" - Waldorf Q rack. - Alesis mmt8 x 2. - Akai mp80E. - Fostex vm2000.
walerandei
General
General

Postby walerandei » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:00 am

walerandei wrote::D Hey! Thanx Neo and Max for both answer:

Next question!
Is there a way to activate and desactivate this loops in special places of the SONG???????

OK ... I THINK I've FOUND A WAY TO DO THIS!

Just using the "MIX automatics" of the secuencer! :D :D :D
Even when the loop play over the entire song, (to disconnect it) you can just pump down the volume of the track to 0%. And when you need to activate it again just pump-up the volume again! :D

Well ... that`s my solution.
So ... Does anyone know an OFFICIAL way to do that (if the O.S. allows to activate / desactivate loop tracks) ??????

Thanx again! :D
WaL3ranD3i
( L . V . X . )
My gear:
walerandei
General
General

Postby GuyDenruyter » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:09 am

walerandei wrote:
walerandei wrote::D Hey! Thanx Neo and Max for both answer:

Next question!

OK ... I THINK I've FOUND A WAY TO DO THIS!

Just using the "MIX automatics" of the secuencer! :D :D :D
Even when the loop play over the entire song, (to disconnect it) you can just pump down the volume of the track to 0%. And when you need to activate it again just pump-up the volume again! :D

Well ... that`s my solution.
So ... Does anyone know an OFFICIAL way to do that (if the O.S. allows to activate / desactivate loop tracks) ??????

Thanx again! :D

That's interesting... does this work with you? I tried this by instering ' track enable' inserts or something like that, but didn't work. My setup:
- record automation enabled
- loop on e.g. track 1, loop from bar 1 - 3
- on e.g. 11 of track 1, insert this controller to mute the track

This didn't work for me, and I thought it simply didn't work because the track was looping from bar 1 - 3 and never actually reached bar 11. But you say it DOES work? That would be great!
GuyDenruyter
Mega
Mega

Postby walerandei » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:01 pm

Hi Guy!
Well ... That solution was just an idea.
But I have to try it in my Fusion.

If it dont work for you I'll take your comments as a test of confirmation that my idea may be useless.

But I'll try to find a way to activate/desactivate loop tracks!
Stay in tune! And Thanx to post! :D
WaL3ranD3i
( L . V . X . )
My gear:
walerandei
General
General

Postby crgl » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:58 pm

Have you read these tutorials ? :?

For synth track recording:

http://www.alesis.com/downloads/tutoria ... uencer.pdf

For audio track recording:

http://www.alesis.com/downloads/tutoria ... dioMix.pdf
crgl
Advanced
Advanced

Postby walerandei » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:32 am

crgl wrote:Have you read these tutorials ? :?

For synth track recording:

http://www.alesis.com/downloads/tutoria ... uencer.pdf

For audio track recording:

http://www.alesis.com/downloads/tutoria ... dioMix.pdf

No, I didnt.
Thanx! I'll check them! :D
WaL3ranD3i
( L . V . X . )
My gear:
walerandei
General
General

Postby Rockguitar2000 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:27 pm

I am looking for an answer to this question as well. I believe it can be done in the Mixer while in Song Mode, but I've had so-so results so far. I've toggled a few tracks to "disabled" where I don't want to hear them, but if my timing is off I don't seem to be able to make them audible again. So then I have to re-record the track. Annoying!

I have never used track events but would they work here? Help!

Chris
Rockguitar2000
Junior
Junior

Re: Hey! Can anyone help me with LOOP function in SONG MODE?

Postby Jesse » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:03 am

Check out this thread (Stop/Start recording WHILE playing a song?) http://www.promusicproducts.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6867&p=36085#p36085
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Sequencer