Using Softkeys 1-8 to change programs in Song mode?

Have a cool tip for the fusion? Or maybe you're looking for one? Here's the place!!

Moderators: parametric, Jesse, jeebustrain

Using Softkeys 1-8 to change programs in Song mode?

Postby suilebhain » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:01 am

I read somewhere on this forum that you can use Song mode to avoid the long load times (because the Song elements all load at the same time when the Song is selected) then use the 1-8 softkeys/buttons to switch around between the sounds.

What should the screen show in order to do this? The best I can do at this point without messing up some other element of the song is to use the wheel while in Edit mode.

Thanks in advance.
suilebhain
Junior
Junior

Re: Using Softkeys 1-8 to change programs in Song mode?

Postby Jesse » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Factory default Songs & Mixes use ROM bank sounds which load almost instantly, but sounds from the hard drive whether they are in a song or a folder have to be loaded into memory before they can be used.
Fusion ROM Sound Banks.png
Fusion ROM Banks
Fusion ROM Sound Banks.png (3.83 KiB) Viewed 682 times

You can create a user folder by copying the sounds you want to work with into your user folder, then load them into memory and instantly retrieve them for playing using the alpha numeric buttons to the right of the display screen.
The number of songs you can load into memory will depend on how much memory your Fusion has Standard 64 Mb or Expanded 128 Mb + Standard 64 Mb per sound engine.
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby suilebhain » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Hey, Jesse! Happy New Year!

That's a good tip and I might end up doing it that way, but what I was referring to was a post by Psionic in the thread

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4691&p=36295#p36295

where he talks about setting up the desired patches in a Song or Mix and then changing between them using the 1-8 buttons. What he said was:

"Another tip repeated elsewhere on the forum is to load the sounds you will need, complete with their FX routings, all into either a MIX or a SONG. Loading that MIX/SONG will pre-load all sounds then, once only. From then on you can select and switch between the sounds in it quickly by using the 1-8 buttons."

I tried to find that post that was repeated elsewhere but was unsuccessful, probably because it is buried in a thread that does not contain any reference to it in the title.
suilebhain
Junior
Junior

Postby parametric » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:02 pm

See my response in the <Favourites Bank> Topic

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
parametric
Extreme
Extreme

Return to Fusion Tips