No VA filter self oscillation?

General questions about the fusion belong here.

Moderators: parametric, Jesse, jeebustrain

No VA filter self oscillation?

Postby 2ManyKeys » Sat May 05, 2018 7:48 am

In my initial limited experiments with the VA engineer I want able to get the filter oscillating when pushing resonance. I find that odd. Most VA's including my Ion from the same time period can do all kinds of self oscillation.

Is there a Fusion filter that will oscillate?
2ManyKeys
Advanced
Advanced

Re: No VA filter self oscillation?

Postby Jesse » Sat May 05, 2018 7:57 am

maybe you can find what you are looking for here

Try searching for oscillator
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No VA filter self oscillation?

Postby 2ManyKeys » Sat May 05, 2018 10:11 am

I had already searched for oscillation and filter osc but didn't find any references. I went down the list using just the general oscillator term as you suggested.

I found one user who noted the same thing, that the filters don't self-oscillate.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5068&p=28801&hilit=oscillator#p28801

Oh well, I'll use other synths for that then. Still it is strange that Alesis left that out. Most VA's at the time including their own Ion were happy to provide whistling, playable filters. That is a unique synthesis element that really can't be approximated with other methods. I'll bet that was a planned update to the Fusion filters as well.
2ManyKeys
Advanced
Advanced

Return to General