New 8HD question #1

General questions about the fusion belong here.

Moderators: parametric, Jesse, jeebustrain

Re: New 8HD question #1

Postby 2ManyKeys » Sat May 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Well then at least there are three of us in the same boat. A strange bug indeed. I can't believe everybody isn't affected by this. Maybe people don't mess with the filter settings much while they are playing.
2ManyKeys
Advanced
Advanced

Postby Jesse » Sat May 19, 2018 3:02 pm

On the controller reset option in Global, Settings, Controls

If it is checked all controller knob settings are reset to default every time you change a program/patch :(

If it is unchecked all controller knob settings are set the same for every program/patch you select based on the most recent change you make :(

For some reason the Fusion won't let me make a screen dump of this :(
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby EXer » Sat May 19, 2018 3:36 pm

It seems the FILTER controls are not reset even when "Reset Knobs" is checked in "Global > Settings > Controls".

The values displayed are reset, but not the actual values of the controllers taken into account by the synth.
Fusion 8HD + 2 x Sector101 EXM-E3 128MB DRAM modules
EXer
General
General

Postby 2ManyKeys » Sat May 19, 2018 4:48 pm

Jesse,

That's the issue that EXer, Drummond and myself experience. I have the "reset controllers" option enabled as well, and indeed when switching to a new preset, the onscreen dial positions all go back to zero. However, the actual filter adjustment persists affecting the newly selected preset. As Drummond pointed out, when this occurs, holding down the STOP button not only stops the voices but also actually resets the filter controls.

It's a bug.
2ManyKeys
Advanced
Advanced

Postby 2ManyKeys » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:32 pm

I just noticed that this was a bug supposedly fixed in an early version of the Fusion OS. If you read the Fusion_release_notes_124.pdf you will note that for version 1.02 - this bug was supposedly fixed for the case where filter changes carried over across program changes when something other than the filter row was selected. I suspect that the bug lives on in another form when the filter row is left selected. It also points out that internally the filter row appears to be handled differently than the other controls.

59. Fixed bug where filter row settings would be retained through program change when
the current know row was not set to the filter row.
2ManyKeys
Advanced
Advanced

Postby jiffy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:01 am

That's why I asked in my earlier post if you had the latest OS.
I seemed to remember something about a fix for this.

I recall that it did fix things for me.
jiffy
Advanced
Advanced

Postby 2ManyKeys » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:50 am

Yeah, I've been running 1.24 since the day I got it. There must be some combination of settings or something that still allow this bug to pop up, at least for a few of us.
2ManyKeys
Advanced
Advanced

Previous

Return to General