Resolving Velocity Issues

General questions about the fusion belong here.

Moderators: parametric, Jesse, jeebustrain

Resolving Velocity Issues

Postby Austin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:52 am

Like many 8HD owners, I've noticed a difference in the velocity responses of the black & white keys. I intended to write a post inquiring if anyone has got to the bottom of this problem with mismatched key velocities, but I spotted this site on the web:

http://larsee.dk/introducing-midimixfix ... prototype/

There's also a YouTube posting demonstrating what's possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRt7MXFQuEk

I followed up & bought one of these for a very reasonable sum. I've housed it for now in a small box until I find something that more closely matches the styling of the Fusion. It seems to work fine, smoothing out the differences in velocities nicely. I'm not skilled as a keyboard player, but there is a noticeable improvement.

I would recommend any 8HD owner wanting to resolve their key velocity issues give it a try, but not all at once as it's a one guy hobbiest operation, although in my opinion the electronics look very expertly put together.
Austin

Re: Resolving Velocity Issues

Postby 2ManyKeys » Tue May 01, 2018 7:06 pm

I noticed this immediately while testing my Fusion 8HD. The black keys get velocity values about 20 higher than the white keys.

I contacted the Midimixfix guy to see if he still sells that cool little box.
Last edited by 2ManyKeys on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
2ManyKeys
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Resolving Velocity Issues

Postby 2ManyKeys » Sun May 06, 2018 7:30 am

I also read that there are two different keybeds for the 8HD and supposedly one doesn't have this problem. I have a Fatar.
2ManyKeys
Advanced
Advanced

Return to General