Blade Runner patch

Looking for new sounds?? Created or edited a sound? Share 'em here!

Moderators: parametric, Jesse, jeebustrain

Re: Blade Runner patch

Postby fellowjedi68 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:06 pm

Here are all of the screenshots showing the steps I have taken to try to get this sound into the fusion along with the eventual error screen.

http://imgur.com/X6sGJ9x

It seems that the only sound I am getting is the first patch that shows in the LED screen. And it sounds strange, not quite the Vangelis sound and the others just give me an error message when I try to access them.

Does anyone have any suggestions based on what you see??
Artist. Musician, Filmmaker
Fender Rhodes Mark !V Stage 88, Korg Prophecy, Fusion 8HD, Yamaha PSR-9000, Rogue Moog, Realistic MG-1, Roland VK-7, MS-2000r, Arturia Analog Laboratory 49, PDP 7 PC Jazz Fusion Drum Kit, Martin Junior Dreadnought DRJE
fellowjedi68
Junior
Junior

Postby kpr » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:59 am

Ok, I see.

Let's go back to the start, to avoid further mess as it is one at this moment.

- On your Computer screenshot I see "Fusion HD (G). This says to you, that the Fusion is recognized as external Harddisk. So, when you doubleclick you'll see the Fusion's data organization. You should study that by looking into inside the Volume folder. This is important, because then you'll understand the Fusion and it's subfolders to get the several data types always into the right subfolder.

- Then: The Fusionconverter is always spitting out a Volume folder after any data conversion. Everything you have to do is to drag/drop this data folder to the Fusion folder, where you already see the current Volume folder. You need to overwrite the existing Volume folder, as this process adds new data, nothing gets lost. Then you need to initiate the Verify Process on the Fusion.

You can see that this is only three steps to do, so no rocket science at all.

But there's still a but. The Fusionconverter is only getting you the multisamples into your Fusion, no really useful Program Preset. So, you need to do the entire programming to make a decent Preset out of the multisample. This means Envelope setting, Filter, Velocity modulation, etc. This can be a lot of work and if you're new to the Fusion it might be quite disturbing. The quick trick is: Select an existing Preset which is slightly similar to the one you want, and then simply replacing the used multisample. Save the result on a new location, done.

But before everything works fine as described, you need to read the manual section about data handling once again, as well as that for the Fusionconverter. I know that some guys have little trouble with understanding that stuff, that's normal and no problem. Perhaps you check the forum search section once again, as this happened once in a while. Also, I wrote "My Fusion Secrets", perhaps you purchase it as all this is described nicely step-by-step to get you a trouble-free life with your Fusion.

Good luck! :)
Rock´n Roll is music, not driving instructions.
kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Postby fellowjedi68 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Here are links to the screenshots in the hopes that someone can help me figure out why it isn't working correctly:

imgur.com/921XJbX

imgur.com/32dEwfo

imgur.com/PDlaRne

imgur.com/waZedrU

imgur.com/Ebe5MBe

imgur.com/fTRD0kD

imgur.com/XOTj9tV

imgur.com/M7lokEH

imgur.com/TTfXnhE

I just got my Fusion 8HD a week ago and am gradually learning the logic behind how it operates. I was able to add hundreds of patches from the forum dropbox hosting link and numerous Hollow Sun additions that weren't already in the keyboard without any issues whatsoever.

If I can nail this converting issue, I think I should be a able to load any sound that already isn't in the native fusion format without any problems.
Any help would be appreciated!

~ Kurt
Fender Rhodes Mark !V Stage 88, Korg Prophecy, Fusion 8HD, Yamaha PSR-9000, Rogue Moog, Realistic MG-1, Roland VK-7, MS-2000r, Arturia Analog Laboratory 49, PDP 7 PC Jazz Fusion Drum Kit, Martin Junior Dreadnought DRJE
fellowjedi68
Junior
Junior

Postby fellowjedi68 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:10 am

Klaus,

Than you for your in-depth assistance with this for me. I appreciate it!
How much is your book and what is the best way to order it from you? I figure it might help out better than the manual that comes with the Fusion.

The last 88 keyboard I owned was an Alesis QS 8.1 from 2003 until 2011 when I sold it to a friend. I loved the fatar keybed and weighted action, let alone the quality of most of the sounds at the time. But with all of the features, the ability to add sounds and actually create samples, the Fusion is pretty amazing and I am so happy to have discovered it now.

Best Regards,
~ Kurt
fellowjedi68
Junior
Junior

Postby kpr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:41 pm

You're most welcome. Although I'm a professional sound designer and sell things, I'm here like any other Fusion owner and we're supporting each other.

For the "My Fusion Secrets": It's a 120 page spiral-binding book and unveils lots of handling and sound programming details. Also, it comes with a sample library plus an additional Program Presets bank. It costs Euro 49 which includes worldwide shipping. Find out everything here: http://store.backintimerecords.de/produ ... ucts_id=36
Rock´n Roll is music, not driving instructions.
kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Previous

Return to Fusion Sounds