New Fusion sounds

Looking for new sounds?? Created or edited a sound? Share 'em here!

Moderators: parametric, Jesse, jeebustrain

New Fusion sounds

Postby kpr » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Be prepared for new Fusion sounds! Having produced many new sample instruments during the last months now it's time for making them available in the Fusion format.

All those who are registered with their email address in my database will receive a newsletter this week with more informations. For now I completed 2 new Fusion sound products, and one is

Later I`ll report more details and post the usual Audio demo youtube clip and unveil the second sample library.

Cheers

Klaus
Rock´n Roll is music, not driving instructions.
kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Re: New Fusion sounds

Postby Jesse » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Thanks Klaus, looking forward to hearing these new sounds :)

Jesse
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kpr » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Before I post the Audio Track demo youtube clip, which will be tomorrow, here some informations about it.

The most important thing is:

After all the years I found a way to make Velocity Switches within the multisample. This is great because it only needs 1 OSC in the Program Preset, so there are OSC2 to OSC4 still free for other samples and to make interesting layers.

When thinking about Velocity Switches I'm sure Piano comes into mind right away. And exactly this is what I did now.

Electromagnetism provides several new produced Electric Piano multisamples with up to 3 Velocity Switches. The result is a dynamic playability you never heard from the Fusion before.

The instruments are

- Fender Rhodes Mk1 Suitcase 73
- Fender Rhodes Suitcase 88
- DynaRhodes
- Wurlitzer EP200
- Hohner Electra-Piano
- Hohner Pianet T

All instruments were recorded with condenser and dynamic mics through amp/speaker systems, and some of them are even unlooped and provide the full decay for an authentic sound.

Here is a complete overview also with the description of the Controller Assignment, which works identical for each of the Program Presets: https://view.publitas.com/back-in-time- ... ent/page/1

Regarding the new Velocity Switch method I'm sure you already got an idea what could be the other new sample library :)
kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Postby kpr » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:27 am

And this is the audio track youtube clip, where the sampled instruments appear at the position when played them.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZDRPRbsEzk
kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Postby Jesse » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 am

Awesome!, Thanks Klaus :)
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kpr » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:31 am

So, and this one here is the next release:

Again it works with Velocity Switch multisamples. Stage Piano provides 4 different instruments, except one instrument they have 3 Velocity Switches. Better balanced than the internal Holy Grail Piano! And each of it even fits into the regular 64 MB RAM memory. If your Fusion is RAM expanded you can load them all at once.

Right now I'm doing the Presets, so you can expect the product availability by end of this week.
kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Postby kpr » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:29 am

kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Postby kpr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Coming up next

Sample library with 2 Grand Pianos, each one with 4 Velocity Switch dynamics. Several timbre color Program Presets variations with additional layers now in the work, available early July.
kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Postby kpr » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:44 am

So, here we are:

Audio demo youtube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sALZPtNx_os

It was a challenge to get as many as possible Velocity Switch dynamics, a consistent overall keyboard mapping for 88 keys and a decent decay time, and still get a multisample wheight under 64 MB which is the RAM limit of a standard Fusion.
kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Postby Jesse » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:17 pm

Very Nice Klaus :)
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Arevyn » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Hello Klaus!

So I purchased the Grand Piano sound bank with presets before. How do the new Dynagrand, and Stage Piano stack up against the older Grand Pianos?
Arevyn
Junior
Junior

Postby kpr » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:36 am

There is a big difference. The Grand Piano sample library I did in 2011 was created with multisamples with only one dynamic: mf or f, depends on the specific sound. With only one dynamic it is necessary to use the Filter to simulate the dynamic range on the original Grand Piano.

If you use 4 Velocity dynamics, this is what I did for DynaGrand, there is no need to simulate the dynamic with the Filter as there are the real dynamics available. In this case I used the ff, f, mf and p dynamics.

As result the DynaGrand sounds way more dynamic compared to the old Grand Piano sample library. I tried to demonstrate that with the youtube clips, so perhaps you could listen to that rather closely.

Also this is a huge step towards current Workstations like the Korg Kronos. The Kronos internal Grand Pianos have 8 Velocity dynamics, and now the Fusion DynaGrand comes with 4, which is not bad at all even when comparing both instruments. I have both, and I must say that the Fusion is really up-to-date with all my new Velocity Switch libraries DynaGrand, Stage Grand and Electromagnetism.
kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Postby Arevyn » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:33 am

That's awesome! Great work. The youtube clip sounds fantastic and really makes me fall in love with both dynagrands, and stage pianos.
I was looking through the documentation but didn't see one so I'll ask: does any of the piano libraries have a stage upright piano sound?

For instance, Neil Young uses an upright on stage when he plays songs like "After the Goldrush". Which library might have an upright?
Arevyn
Junior
Junior

Postby kpr » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:19 am

They're all Grand Pianos, no Upright so far.
kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Postby Arevyn » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Ahh okie doke!

Thanks again for all you're hard work!
Arevyn
Junior
Junior

Next

Return to Fusion Sounds