New to Fusion NEED HELP

New to the forum? Why not pop in and tell us a little about yourself??

Moderators: parametric, Jesse, jeebustrain

New to Fusion NEED HELP

Postby awhawkins » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:25 am

Hello Fusion Zone, I am new. I actually purchased the 6HD as a replacement after a theft. I kept the new board in the closet for about 2 years before until now. I noticed some output problems when I try to record the audio to my computer hard disk. For instance I have a bass drum that pans completey to the left. The snare is very weak. I am using sonar 8 and Mia Midi sound card. I also see the edit display on on the fusion whenever I use Sonar. I am not sure if Sonar is causing my output problems or if the sound card is doing this. I am using the S/PDIF to record to the computer. If anyone can help please advise. Al in Houston.
awhawkins

Re: New to Fusion NEED HELP

Postby psionic » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:33 pm

Hiya, welcome.

Try this, first off... record different stuff while turning the volume knob, constantly. My 6HD has volume issues, like the typical dust crackling stuff, but it also cuts out sometimes. I just find a sweet spot then leave it alone, then rely on my mixer or the program's/song's Volume level to adjust.

In other words, once I find a sweet spot that works mechanically with my Fusion6's volume, I leave it alone and use other methods to control volume levels. I've heard others have had similar problems, but I write mine off due to the fact that it was a Sam Ash floor display model for a few years.... HTH
psionic
Extreme
Extreme

Postby awhawkins » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:23 am

Thanks for the prompt response. I have tried adjusting the volume, but that doesn't seem to work with S/PDIF. I am using the 808 bass drum from the Fusion but snare is very weak. What should I do to adjust the volume. I have tried adjusting them using the midi and then made adjustments with the program. But to no avail. Any ideas?
awhawkins

Postby psionic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Try testing out a bunch of other sounds... does the issue crop up with those as well?
psionic
Extreme
Extreme

Return to New Users