External LCD display for the Fusion

This is the place to post if you are having problems with you Fusion.

Moderators: parametric, Jesse, jeebustrain

External LCD display for the Fusion

Postby Jesse » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:21 am

I received the USB to VGA adapter and after installing the driver for the computer it worked just fine, but since there is no way for us to install drivers for the fusion I could not get it to work on the Fusion :(

The next thing I will try is to make an adapter to connect the needed contacts from the 20 pin display connector to a VGA connector or maybe I can find a larger LCD graphics display screen.

Any insight about getting an external display to work on the Fusion should be discussed here :)
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: External LCD display for the Fusion

Postby Jesse » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Alesis Fusion affectionately known as "The Beast"

Yes, we know what power feeds & signals are being sent to and from the 20 pin connector.

I have found what looks to be compatible 240x128 LCD graphic 7.5 inch display, about 1.5 times the size of the Fusions display, not a monster, but larger :)
This display has 22 connection points, but two of them are for power to the LED back light.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/7-5-inch-graphic-lcd-display_60229801753.html
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Technical issues and Bugs!!