Viewing the other forum

If there is something you think should be added or changed (topic, etc), make it known.

Moderators: parametric, Jesse, jeebustrain

Viewing the other forum

Postby mstsfreak » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:48 pm

It seems that in order to view the other forum (fusioneer etc. you know) you must have an account. Am I right? It is not a problem for already existing members, but for newbees, or for putting any link up to your site, you always end up with the "register now" message. I think that will put off new Fusion owners or other people with interest. Can't this be changed?

I know Fusionzone is the better one... :P but still :wink:
mstsfreak
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Viewing the other forum

Postby parametric » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:42 pm

I think the Club was the first one - as Steve from Hollow Sun was an <admin> and did much to rescue the Fusion's media-damaged reputation by providing some better preset sounds for it (I think I'm right here . . .?)

I think most (but not all) are members in both places.

I have to be honest, I've never really likes the ProBoards user experience.

Having been a longer-time member of the Yamaha Forums UK, I got used to the phpBB way of doing things and I simply like it better. Same goes for the FusionZone.

I <admin> my own forum and I chose phpBB3 - so I have a view from the other side of the counter too . . .

I'm no great expert - but I am happy with it, and from a user's point of view I think its easier to navigate and find stuff, than the ProBoards offering.

I'm sure many will disagree, and that's ok, of course . . . .

Not sure about the non-registered user experience . . .

When the upgrade kicked in - it asked me to log in which I did - so I don't know how much you can do/see, as a guest . . . .

You should be able to browse, just not post or <pm>(IMO)

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete10/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
parametric
Extreme
Extreme

Postby jiffy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:03 am

If I remember correctly, this forum was created first, but there was so much unfair 'slagging off' of the Fusion, that Steve started the other club to give a more balanced view!

Paul
jiffy
Advanced
Advanced

Postby parametric » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:44 am

Thanks for clearing that up Paul,

As you see I came rather late to the party :oops: and as has been revealed, the Fusion offers more than meets the eye for those with the curiousity and patience to delve deeper . . .

For instance, how many boards offer TRS ins and outs that are switchable (+4dBa/-10dBa)? quite a few expensive boards only provide mono jacks.

This feature alone suggests that the Fusion was designed for a PRO environment . . . IMO :)

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete10/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
parametric
Extreme
Extreme

Postby Jesse » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:21 am

Login to the Fusion Club is temporarily set to allow guests to view posts, we will see how this goes. If problems occur we will revert back to required registration for all!
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Forum Suggestions